Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The Hard facts

If you are an average American woman you are between the sizes of 10-16.  We never see any pictures of these average women.  We open up any magazine and what we see are beautiful, svelte, airbrushed beauties.  We are programmed from an early age to be critical of our bodies. We think to ourselves I will be happy when I am size X.  Or I will be happy when I lose X amount of weight.  We try all kinds of fad diets, or exercise videos saying this time I will get serious and do it.  I have been there, done that, rinse and repeat.  I turned 40 and decided that I was no longer going to play the yo-yo game.  I want to be Fit!  It is not a diet, it is not a special weight loss program, it is not a 90 day completely remodel your body fad.  It is a lifestyle change, it is forever.  It is not always easy, it is not always fun.  There are days when I just want to eat every french fry I can find.  There are days when I do not want to go to the gym at all.  These are the days when your support system becomes very important.  Becoming fit is not a destination it truly is a journey.  It is not all drudgery however and if you work at it you might find a healthy activity that you never really knew about and you love.  You might discover that a 5K is really doable and fun.  This blog is for everyone and most importantly for me.  I want to help people discover that they are a beautiful, God created, person.  I need to occasionally remind myself of that too.  

1 comment:

  1. Love you girl, I'm glad you have found your a healthy spot.

    ReplyDelete