Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Frustration!

This is one of those days I hope doesn't happen often.  I had to work out on my own today.  I will be honest it is not so much that I can't do it, it is just that I don't do it well.  I had to get my workout done in 1 1/2 hours.  I usually take 2 hours 1 hour for cardio 1 hour for weight training, stretching, and Abs.  I also love using the trainer that Planet Fitness provides.  Frankly I work harder when someone is telling me what to do.  It is also helpful to get advice and tips and I genuinely like the people I work with.  I am a people person and never knew it.  Today the trainer and I could not align schedules so off I went alone!  I am a sweater, not one of those lightly glistening ladies that look cute, no I sweat, profusely.  They joke that they really need a mop to follow me around because I leave puddles.   I am there this morning the first part cardio is not so bad I can run so I went with hill intervals walking uphill, run during the flats.  1 hour done and I think ok not to bad.  I clean my puddle and move on, what to do?  I did squats and lower body yesterday so I shall work upper body today.  I know me I just didn't do enough.  I wasn't sure what exercises I needed to do and how many sets and I was low on time.  I decide to do bench press machine, no spotter meant I could not do the Smith machine so I did the next best thing.  I get done when BANG I smack my elbow into the machine and it stings a lot and then starts swelling and turning colors.  Great, I still need to do Abs and should do push ups.  When your arm is hurting push ups are even more painful then usual.  I guess it just didn't help today that I had an eye appointment that I was stressing about.  Rightfully so, since now I have to shop for Bi-focals.  Today was an exercise in frustration and all I got out of it was a sore elbow.  The point to my little saga was there will be days like this.  Days when the couch seems the less painful option.  It is days like this when you must dig deep and keep going.  Remember, fitness is a long journey sometimes.  It will not happen in a day or be undone by one bad day.  Tomorrow, my elbow may still hurt, it might be black and blue, but I will be back at the gym with the trainer which is changing yet again.  I will persevere!  I will conquer!

No comments:

Post a Comment